Java Software Engineer
Computas is a Norwegian provider of IT solutions and consulting services in technological innovation, present in Oslo, Copenhagen, and Bucharest.
We have Europe's largest Google Cloud Platform (GCP) professional community with more than 60 people across development, architecture, machine learning and project management.
Creative Enthusiasm, Integrity, Usability, and Cooperation are our core values that accompany us in our desire to create technological innovation that brings human progress.Computas is passionate about delivering digital solutions with high usability, quality and value, and we have carried out large and business-critical projects in all business sectors.
To meet the strong demand in existing and new projects, we are currently looking for software engineers with strong knowledge of and desire to learn more JAVA technologies to join the existing team in our office from Bucharest (Computas Development Center) and to be engaged in challenging projects and deliver software solutions.
The office in Bucharest houses a dedicated team with large growth plans. It provides good opportunities to have a central role, where you can help influence which way the company should go, and help build the culture in the office. You will be part of a team dedicated to collaboration in a company with a great sense of community and an informal atmosphere.
- Design, develop, deploy and maintain software solutions in accordance with best practices
- Modify, improve and/or migrate existing solutions to meet new requirements
- Collaborate with engineering and development teams to evaluate and identify optimal solutions
- Review existing systems and make recommendations for improvements
- Interact with clients, provide support and make recommendations based on client requirements and needs
- Graduate of Computer Science / Cybernetics / Information Technology
- Experience in working with Agile methodologies (SCRUM, Kanban)
- 3+ years of experience in development of software solutions using JAVA technologies
- Proficient in using code versioning tools (e.g. GIT)
- Good analysis, design, development, debug and testing experience in JAVA
- Strong knowledge of EJB, JPA, Spring, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud technologies
- Experience in development of REST web services
- Database experience (SQL), good knowledge of SQL language
- Good communication and collaboration skills
- Troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Consultancy and customer management skills
- Advanced English speaking and writing abilities
- Ability to work both independently and in (collocated) team environment
Nice to have (are considered a PLUS):
- Experience in development of software solutions using Kotlin
- Experience in working with AWS cloud platform
- Experience in working with cloud solutions (deployment and monitoring software solutions/data engineering using cloud services)
- AWS, Google Cloud or Azure certifications
- Experience working with CI/CD pipelines
- Familiar with collaboration tools like JIRA and Confluence
At Computas Development Center you get
- Opportunity to work in complex projects and domains for Global Customers
- Be part of a company that sees the value of motivated employees, with a strong focus on competence and employee development
- Focus on raising competence, self-development, certifications, internal and external courses
- Exciting projects and investments in cloud technology
- An inclusive environment with a short communication path and low hierarchical structures
- Personalized benefits package, including meal/present vouchers, life and health insurance, and medical services subscription
Java Software Engineer
Loading application form
Already working at Computas Development Center (Romania)?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.